Health Equity Innovation Summit Region #7
Time to Act: National Minority Health Month Can be a Launchpad to Closing the ‘Knowing-Doing’ Gap
AHA’s Health Equity Roadmap Comes to Life: Join Us in Cleveland
AHA Launches the Health Equity Roadmap — We Asked One of Its Architects Why It’s a Big Deal
Live from AHA Annual Meeting: Leading for Health Equity
Live from AHA Annual Meeting: Beyond Disparities to Equitable Health Systems
Gregory Braylock, Vice President and Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, ProMedica
2022 AHA Annual Membership Meeting: Equity Spotlight
A candid conversation for health leaders on race, equity and health care featuring Joy Lewis, AHA Senior Vice President, Health Equity Strategies, and Executive Director, Institute for Diversity and Health Equity; Daniel Dawes, Executive Director of Satcher Health Leadership Institute at Morehouse School of Medicine; and moderated by Kulleni Gebreyes, M.D., U.S. chief health equity officer Deloitte.
Digital Health Equity
Technology has become essential for obtaining health care, managing chronic conditions, and wellness. Yet many people from historically marginalized populations continue to lack access to the internet or the skills to engage with digital health tools. Designing and implementing health technology that meets the needs of these populations is a fundamental pathway to improve health equity.
Explore AHA’s growing repository of resources on digital health equity:
- Podcast: Applying an Equity Lens to Digital Health
- Edmondo Robinson, MD, Interview: The Road to Health Equity Must Encompass a Strategy for Equitable Digital Health
- Blog: Applying an Equity Lens to Digital Health
- Blog: Digital Is the Next Frontier of Health Equity
The Health Equity Roadmap: A Pocket Guide
This is a pocket resource with easy to scan QR codes that will take you to additional health equity resources. Print the Pocket Guide on two sides of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper in color. Fold the sheet in half length-wise with the full-page map on the inside. Then complete the Pocket Guide by tri-folding your sheet with the blue covers on the outside. Feel free to share with your team!
Health Equity Resource Series
These toolkits highlight four compelling strategies to prioritize health equity. These foundational pillars include:
- Data collection, validation, stratification and application of patient information to address disparate outcomes
- Cultural competency and implicit bias training and education
- Diversity and inclusion in leadership and governance roles
- Sustainable community partnerships focused on improving equity